All employees, students and faculty associated with Wegner Library partner institutions can get a free Wegner Library username/password to access Wegner Library’s online databases, online journals and e-books from any internet connection, as long as a firewall doesn’t prevent it.
When clicking on individual links for databases, journals or eBooks on the Wegner Library Web site, a Web page will appear asking for the a username and password before content (i.e. full-text of journal articles, books, databases) is accessed.
To obtain a username/password:
- Complete a Remote Access Request form in person, online or request one by email or phone (357-1400).
- Select a password that follows USD guidelines:
- at least 8 characters long (may not contain any part of the person’s name)
- contain a capital letter, a lowercase letter AND a number or a symbol
- Chose a password not related to the library or the institution’s name—for example, Physics1905!
Requests are processed as received. Once completed, an email will be sent stating the password is active.
USD and SSOM clinical faculty, residents, students and staff use their USD username and password (same as their USD email) and do not need a Wegner Library username and password. Contact the USD IT department (605-658-6000 or 1-877-225-0027) for assistance with USD usernames and passwords.
Wegner Library usernames and passwords do not expire unless a student graduates from a partner institution’s program or an employee leaves a partner institution. The library, however, is open to the public and so an individual can always access library materials by physically visiting the library.
Reset your Wegner Library password @ https://guest.usd.edu/sites/accounts/reset/default.aspx.
If you do not know your User Name (firstname.lastname) or email address (first used to create your account) please contact the Wegner Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-357-1400.